BLUE LIGHT: HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF
WE HAVE ALL HEARD OF BLUE LIGHT AND THE NUMEROUS STUDIES THAT HAVE INVESTIGATED ITS HARMFUL IMPACT ON OUR EYES AND HEALTH IN BOTH THE LONG TERM AND SHORT TERM. BUT HOW CAN WE PROTECT OURSELVES FROM IT?
In the recent past we have learned how to protect our skin and eyes from the harmful effects of ultraviolet rays (UV). Sun cream and sunglasses have become a part of daily life, and even part of our style. On average, each of us spends 6 hours in front of various screens every day. It is therefore high time that we learned how to deal with blue light.
Blue light is a colour to the visible light spectrum. To understand how strong this light is, simply take a look at the sky. The sky looks very blue to us, because blue light is extremely rich in energy and is scattered more widely than other colours. Imagine for a moment what kind of effect this can have on our eyes.
HOW ARE WE EXPOSED TO BLUE LIGHT?
WE ARE EXPOSED TO TWO TYPES OF BLUE LIGHT:
- - Blue light that comes from the sun (blue-turquoise). This is used by our bodies to regulate our sleep patterns and helps us to improve our alterness, reaction times, and even our mood.
- - Blue light that comes from screens (blue-violet). This form of blue light is emitted by digital screens such as TVs, computers, smartphones, tablets etc.
PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO BLUE LIGHT - AND WITHOUT PROTECTION - CAN HAVE THE FOLLOWING CONSEQUENCES:
SIGHT PROBLEMS:Adapting to the light of a screen puts an enormous strain on our eyes. The muscles of the eyes become tired and tense. This is one of the most common causes of age-related macular degeneration, which is one of the main causes of blindness in industrialised countries.
Exposure to blue light, especially in the evening, reduces the production of melatonin, the hormone that is responsible for the regulation of our sleeping patterns. This can influence and even disrupt our sleep.
Sore or tired eyes, a lack of productivity at work, sight problems, headaches, stiff necks..
LE PETIT LUNETIER HELPS PROTECT YOU FROM BLUE LIGHT
Just as we protect ourselves from UV rays with sunglasses, there are also glasses with completely colourless lenses that selectively filter out blue light, allowing:
- - blue-turquoise light (which supports our wellbeing) to pass through.
- - us to reduce our exposure to blue-violet light and UV light.
- - to prevent the risk of aging faster as well as reducing the risk of age-related blindness.
We offer optical lenses with blue light filters from €79.99 You can choose from Standard, Comfort or Premium lenses including a blue light filter.
Do you have any more questions about blue light or our blue light filter lenses? Get in touch!